Joseph J. Tierney, Jr.
Charleston • Shareholder
Joe leads Rogers Townsend’s Health Care team, and handles professional liability, premises liability, regulatory, insurance defense, and other litigated matters for physicians, hospitals, nurses, veterinarians, pharmacists, EMT(s), managed care organizations and long term care facilities (and other corporate entities and health care providers).
In addition Joe has represented corporate defendants in products liability cases, accident/injury cases, family disputes (if it involves litigation Joe has handled it in his twenty plus years of practice). As lead counsel in numerous civil jury trials in Federal Court, State Court, the SC Court of Appeals, Administrative Law Courts, State Fair Hearings and Magistrate Courts Joe has taken multiple cases to verdict earning him Associate status with the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) and an AV Preeminent rating with Martindale-Hubbell.
- South Carolina, 1997
- U.S. District Court, District of South Carolina
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Lawyers Association (SCDTLA)
- Widow and Orphans Society
- Member of Grace Episcopal Church