Franklin H. “Trey” Turner III
Columbia • Member
Trey Turner concentrates his practice in the areas of construction defect litigation and products liability. His years of experience have been a deep-dive into the technical details that can make or break a case.
Trey has represented general contractors and subcontractors in multi-million dollar HOA cases as well as severe injury claims due to industrial products. He has represented multiple defendants in several Contractor Controlled Insurance Programs (CCIPs). Working closely with carriers, the insured, and carefully vetted experts, he has handled cases from inception to trial, including litigation at the appellate level. Nationally, Trey served as chair of a Standing Committee of the ABA Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section (TIPS) — the Torts Products, General Liability and Consumer Law committee. He recently presented at the CLM (Claims and Litigation Management) 2019 Annual Conference in Orlando on construction issues relating to wood-frame buildings.
South Carolina, 1999
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar Association
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Central SC Alliance, Committee of 100
- Claims and Litigation Management (CLM)
- “TIMBER! Wood-frame Construction Claims, and How They Come Crashing Down,” CLM Annual Meeting, March 2019
- Speaker, Carolinas Construction & Environmental Claims Seminar, March 2013, March 2014, March 2015
- “Bates v. Dow Agrosciences, LLC and the Narrowing of the Preemptive Effect of FIFRA” Committee News, ABA, Spring 2006.
- Designing Site Infrastructures in South Carolina – Construction Law Issues