Francis M. Ervin II
Charleston • Special Counsel
Francis Ervin focuses his practice on construction defects, landlord/tenant and premises liability matters in the Firm’s Charleston office. He has defended carriers in transportation (trucking) cases involving personal injury and property damage. Francis also handles a wide range of professional liability (medical malpractice defense) and product liability cases. In addition, he has experience working on trademark and copyright matters.
Active in the community, Francis serves on the board of directors for the Sustainability Institute of South Carolina, an energy conservation non-profit in the Lowcountry, as well as the Redux Contemporary Art Center. He serves on the Development Committee of the McLeod Hospital Foundation Board in Florence, SC.
- Massachusetts, 2002
- South Carolina, 2002
- United States District Court, Massachusetts, 2002
- United States District Court, South Carolina, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit, 2002
- United States Court of Appeals, 4th Circuit, 2003
- South Carolina Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- Charleston County Bar
- American Bar Association
- S.C. Defense Trial Attorneys’ Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Eagle Scout
- Sustainability Institute of South Carolina – Board Member
- Redux Contemporary Art Center – Board Member
- Board Chair of the Daniel Island School Strings and Band Booster Club
Francis resides on Daniel Island with his wife and three daughters.