E. Douglas Pratt-Thomas
Charleston • Special Counsel
Douglas Pratt-Thomas concentrates his practice in the areas of health care law, professional malpractice law, alternative dispute resolution, civil litigation, and trial and appellate law. A Charleston native, he is a past president of the Charleston County Bar Association, past chair of the Sullivan’s Island Planning and Zoning Commission, and a former judge in the Town of Sullivan’s Island.
Mr. Pratt-Thomas was also President of the Charleston Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA).
- South Carolina
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- South Carolina Bar, Chairman, Worker’s Compensation Section (2000)
- Charleston County Bar Association, President (2002); Executive Committee (1985, 1994, 1996, 2000 and 2001)
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- South Carolina Council of Mediation and Alternative Dispute Resolution (certified mediator)
- United States District Court for the District of South Carolina (certified mediator)
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President of Charleston Chapter 2014-2015
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, PI Med Mal: Defense (2021)
A description of the selection process methodologies on which these accolades are based can be found here.
- Past Chairman, Planning and Zoning Commission, Town of Sullivan’s Island, S.C.
- Past President/Board Member, South Carolina Center for Birds of Prey
- Past President/Board Member, Hospice of Charleston, Inc.
- Former Judge, Town of Sullivan’s Island, S.C.