Erica G. Lybrand
Columbia • Shareholder
Erica Lybrand concentrates her practice in the area of litigation and dispute resolution involving real estate and financial services. Her primary focus is title curative litigation including quiet title actions, boundary line issues, easement/access suits, and lien resolution. Erica has represented a broad range of clients from large national banking institutions to small non-profits and individuals.
Erica is a graduate of Florida State University School of Law, with honors, where she earned the Distinguished Pro Bono Award and a book award for Legal Research and Writing. Since her admission to practice law, she has focused her attention on real estate litigation, speaking a number of times at conferences and CLEs regarding title curative litigation and resolution of title defects through foreclosure. She often advises real estate agents and brokers regarding issues with title defects and foreclosure in real estate transactions.
Erica is also committed to community service. She serves on the Board of Directors for the Midlands Education and Business Alliance, the Board of Trustees for the South Carolina Lutheran Retreat Centers, and she has been appointed as a member of the SC Bar’s Fee Dispute Resolution Board. She is also a member of the SC Bar’s Law Related Education Committee, where she often serves as a judge for Mock Trial and We the People competitions. She recently finished a term as the Statewide Chairperson for the Cinderella Project, and will continue with her passion to help students across the state through her participation with the i-Civics program for the 2019-2020 school year.
- South Carolina, 2009
- United States District Court, South Carolina, 2012
- South Carolina Bar – Fee Disputes Board
- South Carolina Women Lawyers’ Association
- Richland County Bar Association
- Palmetto Land Title Association
- ALTA Title Counsel Group
- Leadership Columbia Alumni Association
- SC Bar iCivics Co-Chair 2019-2020
- Midlands Education and Business Alliance (MEBA) – Board of Directors
- Leadership Columbia, Class of 2014
- SC Bar Cinderella Project, Statewide Chair 2016-2018
- South Carolina Bar Law Related Education Committee
- Lutheran Retreat Centers Board of Trustees
- Main Street Rotary Club
Erica is married to her college sweetheart, Zach, who is a teacher and coach in Lexington School District One. They have three boys, a four year old and one year old twins.