Greenville • Special Counsel
Batten focuses his practice in the areas of civil litigation, with an emphasis on design and construction claims, tort and personal injury, and products liability. Based in the firm’s Greenville office, Batten has defended clients in a broad range of areas, including complex commercial litigation, premise liability, toxic tort, and products liability. He also handles business and commercial disputes.
Outside of Rogers Townsend, Batten is active in the community and serves on the Board of Directors for Fall for Greenville.
United States District Court, South Carolina, 2012
South Carolina, 2011
- Greenville County Bar Association
- Greenville PULSE
- Risk and Insurance Management Society
- South Carolina Defense Trial Attorneys Association
- American Bar Association: Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Journal, Student Note Award
- CALI Award Recipient: Wills Trust and Estates, Business Associations, Income Tax and Payment Systems.
- Greenville Business Magazine, Legal Elite (2016-2020): Insurance, Business Litigation, Construction, Personal Injury
- South Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Construction Litigation (2017-2021)
- Fall for Greenville, Board Member
- United Way: YP20